Can I really create a nature inspired vintage bedroom room makeover on a $100 budget? Well, let’s find out! Today begins the $100 Room Challenge.
I am technically a few days late on throwing my hat in the ring for the Fall $100 Room Challenge but I’m here and I am so excited! If you are new to The Aspiring Home, WELCOME! I am so glad you are here. If you are new to the idea of the $100 Room Challenge, let me share a bit. The $100 room challenge is the brilliant idea of Erin of Lemons, Lavendar, and Laundry. She believes that you shouldn’t have to break the bank to create an updated space and a $100 can do wonders. You know what? It really can. I am taking on another bedroom in desperate need of an update. So let me share more about my Nature Inspired Vintage Bedroom makeover!
This bedroom is long overdue for a true makeover. The last few years it has been a dumping ground for extra furniture and the sleeping quarters for my college student. The student is now a graduate and has moved on to the next chapter of life. Time for a refresh. When you see my inspiration board… you are going to think I am nuts.
It’s quite ambitious for a little $100 bill. I am hoping that my hunting and crafting skills will ultimately pay off in a big way. Maybe I should show you the before pictures.
It’s a great room, full of potential! This space will go from cluttered to serene. Here is the gorgeous mood board for this bedroom.
HELLO BEAUTIFUL! How are we going to make this Nature Inspired Vintage Bedroom happen?!?
With a whole lot of creativity and sweat equity.
- Major impact will be made with painting the current bed.
- The chandy inspiration will be seen in a revamping of the current fan! I am REALLY looking forward to showing you this cool recreation…once I actually do it.
- The Audubon Bird prints have been a favorite of mine for years and I have found a great place to source them!
- The bedding will be a combination of what I have and what I can sew.
- The lamps will be a challenge but I think we can pull off a similar look.
- I will be gathering items from around the house and hunting the thrift stores for bargains.
Join me and several other blogger/designers every wednesday for the next few weeks as we prove that $100 can refresh and update a space beautifully!