This decadent 6 cheese green chile mac n cheese is a perfect addition to any meal.
6 Cheese Green Chile Mac n Cheese is a signiture dish of mine. Every year during the holidays, I ask my family to send there favorite foods, hands down all of them put this mac n cheese on their must haves. Today I am happy to share my special recipe with you.
But, before we get started on the recipe. This post is a part of a very special blog hop called the 12 Days of Holiday Ideas. Let me introduce you to our hostesses.
The blog hop will run between November 11th and December 6th with hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers! Today is Day 9 – Christmas Potluck Recipes.
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this years talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
6 Cheese Green Chile Mac N Cheese
6 Cheese Baked Green Chile Mac N Cheese
- 9×13 dish
- Large skillet with deep sides
- Large spoon
- 8 oz White Cheddar cheese block
- 5 oz Smoked Gouda Cheese block
- 5 oz Edam Cheese block
- 10 oz Sharp Chedder Cheese block
- 8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese block
- 3.5 oz Dubliner Cheese block will come in a 7 oz block- use 1/2
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 can Green Chile
- 1 cup 2 % milk
- 6 oz Evaporated Milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 can Butter Spray
- 1 box Elbow Macaroni
- Grate the cheese. Seperate by bowl.
- Chop Onion and Mince Garlic. Saute both in a small pan with a drizzle of oil till onions are translucent
- Boil Macaroni according to box directions, rinse and return to pot
Make Roux and sauce
- Melt 1 stick of butter in large pan
- Add 1 cup all purpose flour slowly until blended and thickened
- Slowly pour while stirring the evaporated milk and the 2% milk
- Add onion and garlic to mix
- Cook on low for five minutes, then remove from heat.
- Using 1/2 of each grated cheese, stirring in between.
- Add 1 can of Green Chiles, stir
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pour cheese sauce over macaroni and stir until noodles are covered in cheesy goodness
Bake Noodle Concoction
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with butter spray
- Pour Macaroni and Cheese into dish, making sure it is even in the dish
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
NOW, LET’S MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only. Terms & Conditions
Till Later my friends,